For more information, or if you have questions regarding MyChart™, please call: 416.480.6100 x 6794 or email the administrator.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre’s eHealth initiative has recently made a service called MyChart™ available to Sunnybrook patients. MyChart™ (also known as the Continuity of Care Record system) streamlines the way health record information is delivered and exchanged between healthcare providers and patients at our hospital. Sunnybrook recognizes that patients are key stakeholders in the delivery of care, and this service empowers them to manage their health by putting the necessary information in their hands. It will also improve efficiency in the healthcare system by improving clinical workflow.
The following is a series of Q&As to provide you with a better understanding of MyChart™.
1. What is Sunnybrook’s MyChart™?
- My Chart is an online website where patients can create and manage their personal health information based on clinical and personal information.
2. Who has access to Sunnybrook’s MyChart™?
- Currently only Sunnybrook patients have access to MyChart™, but they can electronically grant access to family caregivers, hospital clinicians, primary care physicians, Community Care Access Centres (CCACs), and pharmacists.
3. How do patients access MyChart™?
- MyChart™ is accessible from any where at any time through the Internet. An acknowledgement email with information and guidelines for Internet use will be forwarded to the patient once the consent form has been signed and received.
4. What do patients have access to through MyChart™?
- Personal and family health details (including allergies and current medications)
- Online appointment requests
- Online patient questionnaires
- Clinic visit notes
- Medication refill requests
- Personal address book, compiled by the patients – physicians, caregivers, labs, clinics, etc.
- Personal diary
- Test results (ie. labs, CT and MRI reports) which are gathered from Sunnybrook’s Electronic Patient Record (EPR) system.
- E-messaging with physicians or clinic administrators. If they are listed as accepting e-messages, their name will be highlighted in the directory.
- Links to relevant disease-specific information and online events
- Personalized health information (eg. FAQs on procedures, etc)
5. How does MyChart™ receive its information?
- Patients enter their own personal information based on their knowledge
- MyChart™ displays test results directly from Sunnybrook’s Electronic Patient Record (EPR) system.
- Some test results might not be available until reviewed directly by physician due to sensitivity and timing of patient’s last visit
6. What departments at Sunnybrook are involved in MyChart™?
- MyChart™ is available to all interested hospital programs and community physicians’ offices.
7. How is the confidential patient information available through MyChart™ secured?
- MyChart™ is secured through the same encryption technologies used by the major banks for online banking.
8. How do patients begin using MyChart™ ?
Please go to mychart.ca, select "Sign up for MyChart" and follow the online registration process.