Safety, Strategy, & Management
Our strategic goals are integrated into every aspect of our organization, helping us achieve our vision of transforming healthcare. Visit our Strategic Balanced Scorecard and Strategic Focus sections to learn more.
Quality of Patient Care
- Lead in innovative care experiences that improve outcomes for our patient populations
- Lead in safety best practices
- Lead provincially and nationally in managing the care of critically-ill patients
Research and Education
- Lead in the creation, translation and application of knowledge into clinical best practice
- Focus our strategic programs to ensure the development of transformation priorities that are recognized globally
- Lead nationally in the education of healthcare professionals
Sustainability and Accountability
- Lead in performance measurement and management, including financial management and wait times
- Become the healthcare workplace of choice
Each program and service in the hospital is monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure we continually achieve our strategic goals.
As an academic health sciences centre, our mandate is to discover, apply, evaluate and translate knowledge; ensuring our findings benefit patients now and in the future. To achieve our mandate, we have identified eight Areas of Focus; Brain Sciences Program, Holland Musculoskeletal Program, Odette Cancer Centre, Schulich Heart Centre, St. John's Rehab Program, Trauma, Emergency & Critical Care Program, Veterans & Community Program, and Women & Babies Program. These strategic programs serve targeted patient populations, providing multidisciplinary and innovative care.