Figure 1. Lumpectomy tumour localization analysis in Sedeen for comparison with clinical margin assessment.
The biomarker imaging research lab brings together expertise in anatomic and molecular pathology; quantitative imaging; surgical, medical and radiation oncology; and new probe development. Research aims to develop more accurate quantitative techniques in pathology, validate novel medical imaging methods, and create new therapies.
Members of the biomarker imaging research laboratory are involved in a number of projects, with colleagues inside and outside Sunnybrook Research Institute. Following is a list of current projects. For more information on a project, contact the principal investigator of that project.
- Evaluation of a new method for 3-D histopathology
- Whole-mount tissue processing: methods development
- Improved digitization of pathology slides
- Colorectal cancer whole-mount histopathology
- OMNYX / GE collaboration: multiplexing technique