Welcome to patient engagement at Sunnybrook
We've launched this section because we want to know more about your experiences, and how we can improve to make those experiences better. Listening to feedback from patients, family members and the community will help us provide the best possible care.
Help us learn about what's important to you. Visit this section often for the latest survey topics, polls and results.
- Join our feedback group to be notified about new engagement topics
- Veterans Family Advisory Council and Residents Councils
- Sunnybrook Education Advisory Council and its subcommittees have patient representation
- Patient Advisory Council for our PYNK program (young women with breast cancer)
- Community Partnership Initiative through the Emergency Department
- Laryngectomy Support Group
- Pre and Post Surgery Support Group at Holland for total joint replacement patients
- Nephrology Patient Council
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Parent Council
- Odette Cancer Centre Patient & Family Advisors
- Department of Psychiatry Patient & Family Advisors
- Holland Centre Patient & Family Advisors
- Speaker Series: held corporately eight times a year. Topics are driven by patient feedback. Draws about 300 people per event.
- Odette Cancer Centre: education evening events for cancer patients and their families (six to eight times per year).
- Veterans Centre Speaker Series
- Monthly educational evenings in the Women & Babies Program
- Become a patient volunteer and help us train our future doctors
Our Personal Health Navigator blog, written by Patient Navigation Advisor Paul Taylor, relies heavily on medical experts at Sunnybrook. Its content is derived almost entirely from questions patients and their families ask about the hospital and the health care system.
Conducted three to four times per week. Staff member accompanies senior leader to track any complaints and follow up. Learn more
In acute and long term care, volunteers welcome patients and families and act as an ‘early warning system'. Learn more
The Office of the Patient Experience manages and helps resolve patient and family concerns.
Have a question or comment about our patient engagement initiative? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org